Marché aux Fleurs Reine-Elizabeth-II
Paris Market 37 Place Louis Lépine, Île de la Cité, 75004 Paris, FR
- Three 1920s historic wrought iron and glass pavilions.
- More than 15 independent flower and plant sellers.
- Bird market every Sunday.
37 Place Louis Lépine
WHAT WE LOVE
Located on Île de la Cité between Notre-Dame Cathedral and Sainte-Chapelle, The Marché aux Fleurs Reine-Elizabeth-II was founded in 1808. Today the flower market is comprised of fifteen independent sellers offering a range of seasonal and exotic flowers, plants and shrubs, and garden wares.
The market was rebuilt in the 1920s after being leveled to build the Cité metro station. Today it is composed of three rows of historic wrought iron pavilions with glass roofs and features two Wallace fountains - the famous drinking fountains that philanthropist, Sir Richard Wallace, erected throughout Paris. Originally named Marché aux Fleurs et aux Oiseaux Cité (Flower and Bird Market) it was renamed Marché aux fleurs Reine-Elizabeth-II after a 2014 visit by Queen Elizabeth II. The Sunday Bird Market is planned to cease in 2025.
The Marché aux Fleurs Reine-Elizabeth-II was founded in 1808. Three rows of landmarked wrought iron pavilions house a mix of flowers, plants and, on Sundays, birds.