Historied Porto Rico Importing Co was established in 1907 by Pasquale "Patsy" Albanese in New York's Greenwich Village at 195 Bleecker Street. In 1958 Angelo Longo, a fellow Italian immigrant and neighboring baker bought the business, moving the store to 201 Bleecker Street. The reins were passed to his son Peter Longo in 1976 who established shops in the East Village and Essex Market.

Filled with sacks of coffee beans and canisters of loose tea, Porto Rico Importing Co roasts coffee daily in Brooklyn, offering 130 varieties of coffee, including rare beans, and a selection of single-origin and blended teas from around the world. There are also an assortment of Italian syrups for flavoring coffee, chocolate covered espresso beans by the pound, and coffee brewing equipment.

Established in Greenwich Village in 1907, Porto Rico Co offers 130 varieties of coffee roasted daily in Brooklyn.